Thursday, June 12, 2008

So, how high will it go?

With ever rising oil prices you just have to wonder just how high will it go? I’m sure most people in the U.S. have already cut back greatly on how much they drive, I know I have. I had to have cut my driving by at least 60%. This has a two fold effect; first my gas purchases are about the same “dollar” wise a week and secondly I’m getting healthier ;-) . I walk and ride more often.

    The simple reason for the rise in oil prices is not what they tell you, in my humble opinion it’s because about 3 years the oil company’s saw the writing on the wall that within  the next 5 years they were going to have a whole lot of black goo no one wanted, so lets get what we can while we can. In so doing makeup any reason possible to cause the increase.

    Solar power has been around for about 40 or 50 years and the single reason why it hasn’t become the power of choice is both big power and the government haven’t figured out how to make money from it. I mean you charge your batteries with the sun (free) and then you charge your electric car from the batteries (free once again). Oil company and Power company out!

    Big power even went as far as trying to develop alternative fuels like bio’s just so they could still make money, but the auto industry is smart enough to see that most people in American are not to kin on that Idea. Soon there will be more and more electric vehicles at better and better prices.

     So start looking into solar collectors and windmills and in the mean time, break out the bikes and Converse All Stars and get ready for the revolution!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home